Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Giving Up To Give: The Ramirez Family

Today Emily and Adriel Ramirez have signed up to Give Up To Give. Emily explains below what they are Giving Up and why.

 

 

Why did you sign up for Giving Up To Give?

I signed up because of my sister, Maria..and her family, who told me about her passion, convinced me it should be one of our passions, and gave us a place to give back.

Do you have a personal connection to the Congo?

My nephew, Oliver, is my personal connection. He is super special and greatly loved by all of us (our family) and makes us excited to learn more about the Congo and how we can give back to this country.

What are you Giving Up?

We are giving up some Christmas gifts we felt we could live without and so returned them as well as a book Eliana (our daughter) has given up that we are trying to sell on e-bay. We might continue to find items we can give up each month to sell, or we might switch it up each month to keep it interesting. It honestly has created so much discussion and thought between all of us that now I am taking everything we spend our money on so much more seriously and wondering how we can give back even more. I love how it is changing our family.

What would you say to others to encourage them to join Giving Up To Give?

I would say Eliana has been the most encouraging to me and Adriel. I don't know if it helps anyone else to give more, but our 4 year-old, who finds all things she has very special and dear, is excited about giving up her toys or books and eating rice and beans for a week so she can give back to kids that are from the same country her nephew Oliver is from. Seeing Eliana's joy in giving back has done great things in our hearts and has motivated us to continue on in all endeavors that encourage our children to give back to others.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment