Tuesday, February 11, 2014

"Offer it up"

Today Alena is Giving Up To Give her money earned from babysitting. For those of you who are stay-at-home moms earning extra money from babysitting, you know this is truly a sacrfice! In Alena's Giving Up To Give gift, we hear again what this project is inspiring to do: to encourage us not to give out of our excess (or not give because of our lack of excess), but to Give Up what we have, however small or large it may be.

We love Alena's words..."I was really inspired by this Giving Up to Give because we often get caught up in a mentality that I'll give more when I have extra, but the reality is, we do have so much excess even when we feel squeezed. I want my family to see that we can make sacrifices to benefit others. My mom often told us to "offer it up" when we felt as if we were suffering, and this to me is a way to tangibly "offer it up." So, to start I am giving the money I earn from one day of child care. Hopefully we can come up with some family projects soon!"

So what can you "offer up" for Giving Up To Give? Remember, it is not about excess, but about ordinary, everyday things we already have that we can Give Up To Give for the children in the Congo.


No comments:

Post a Comment