Friday, May 16, 2014

Giving Up Sugar

Today, and for the next 3 Fridays, Angel has committed to Giving Up sugar. In her own words:

"I learned about "Giving Up To Give" via FB, by scrolling through everyday news feed. Honestly, I was not interested at first.  I didn't even bother to read into it.  But, numerous feeds about it kept popping up in my page, and that caught my attention.  (The Lord knows how to grab His children's attention).  I decided to give it look, and was drawn to the many stories of families who are giving up to help the children of Congo. 
I have always wanted to go on a missions trip, and I guess for me, this seems like a useful way of being a part of God in action, fasting something, and praying . 
I have prayed, over a period of several months now, and have decided to give up for one month of Fridays, sugar.  During this time, I will fast sugar and be in prayer for the people of Congo, and those of us who have made a choice to get involved in God's work.  It is my way of staying connected to missions, and being His hands and feet for these people in Congo. 
God has blessed my family so much, and I want to give back in part and in someway, what He has given to me and my family, and be a part of changing lives for the sake of the Gospel of Jesus Christ!  Amen! "
 
 
 
We appreciate Angel's purposefulness in her Giving Up and her desire to not only Give Up sugar, but also to be praying for the work of Giving Back To Africa.
 
 
What about you? Has there been something that you have been thinking about Giving Up? Are you feeling pushed to be a part of change that is bigger than you? If so, now is the time to join Giving Up To Give.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment